Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I gave myself to him… then I gave myself to Him

I gave my heart, mind, body, and soul away
I lost myself in the midst of the commotion
I believed that with him I would forever stay
My hopes and dreams were wrapped in his existence
My decisions were no longer my own
My heart ached with deadly persistence
I was achingly lonely, but not alone
I was hurting and full of rage
I felt I could not function on my own
The moment came
I made the move
With great fear and full of shame
I called out His name
He heard my cry and beckoned me
He made it possible for me to finally see
To Him I belong
And He would forgive all I’ve done wrong
He filled my heart
And promised once joined, we would never part
As I forge through the valley He has placed me in
I rest assured my hand He holds
As I surrender all my being which He delicately molds
Moment by moment, day by day
He cleanses my soul
The process has begun
He alone will make me whole
For all my days I will rest assured
His promises He keeps

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.