Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beauty from Pain

Born into the pit of destruction
Clothed in filth, fed with perversion
Stripped from a carefree existence
Besieged and abused with evil persistence
Only to be left alone in great despair
Not one of them around, not one of them with a single once of care
Forced to wander through the deep dark halls
Desperate for someone to hear my grieving calls
A child still with no direction
Hating each moment I gazed into my own reflection
Eyes so big, black empty, broken and dead
Slipping deeper into the darkness as the enemy gracefully led
He pulled me close and held me tight
Flowing from his lips deceitful whisperings showing me how to set things right
Drink from the rivers of luscious wine
Follow me closely, do not go astray, you are not quite yet mine
Give yourself away, mind body and soul
Listen carefully, we have not yet reached the goal
Deny His name for He has not shown Himself to you
Instead declare my name and promise to me you will always be true
I did as he wanted
Drowning in self-destruction, exactly as he had plotted
Until the day in which I could no longer bear it
Falling in a heap, my flames of agony brightly lit
A shattered innocence, my stolen life
I cried out for help as I sought to overcome my strife
Through my loud piercing sobs of torment
The clouds of heaven divided as to me God’s ear was bent
He listened intently before speaking
Many days I have been waiting and weeping
Your pain has been my own
But from this day you’ve called on me, rest assured you are not alone
Be still and know I am your one true Father
All my love I will pour upon you, daughter
Completely undeserving, but ever so grateful for that moment
When pure and glorious love replaced my torment
I am now ready to be all that this woman could be
With God by my side it is Him who strengthens me
I will discover my heart as he intricately sews it back whole
He will wash away the shame and sorrow that over me have taken such a great toll
My soul is being nourished by His truth
His grace and mercy returning to me my long lost youth
The journey has begun
And as each day surely brings the rising of the sun
Every day brings me closer to the woman I was created to be
As my Father in heaven fulfills His purpose for me
It is His glorious light that has broken through the black clouds and rain
Graciously bringing to me Beauty from my Pain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the way to into a persons soul is thru there eyes or thru the words they speak. God gives gifts then he gives gifts and I so believe that the gift of expression thru words is such blessed way of allowing people into the the inner most places in a perosns life. What you accomplished here has no shallow end it is truly deep but a deep that has clarity, the clarity that only God can bring to ones life. Thank you