Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fear Driven... without Reason

There is a constant battle with my insecurities
I find myself afraid of my imperfections
They take hold and threaten to choke the light out of my eyes
Who I was and who I am warring against one another
Each determined to reign over my soul
The fear is all consuming
Spreading like venom through my veins
Clouding every corner of my mind with darkness
As I attempt to see through its thickness
I unsteadily travel in search for acceptance
Stumbling with every step not knowing which road to take
Terrified of what I will find on the other end
Exhausted from the lashes of judgment and criticism
Shackled by pain and torment
This incessant battle threatens to overtake my existence
Hungrily awaiting my utter demise

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

His eternal living word is truth, and His truth is that which will set me free
For in His eyes I am purely perfection made in His wondrous image
It is the Enemy who wishes to keep me bound in darkness
But it is my God, my Father, my Redeemer who turns such darkness into light
Clever as he proclaims to be, the Enemy cannot withstand my God
Nor will he ever devour my soul
Try as he may to twist and turn my senses
My path will remain ever clear as my eyes lock, fixed and directed by my Savior
I will not give in, I will not lose hope
I am a warrior of Christ
A soldier for the Holy One
I will put on His full armor and I will wage war against the Evil One
It is with my Father’s guidance that I will be victorious
He alone equips me, builds me up, and makes me strong
He is the Almighty, the all Powerful
His Holy Spirit remains upon me
As I am His and He is mine
No one, no thing, no forces of evil can or will separate He and I

No comments: