Sunday, December 14, 2008

Excuse my language, but WTF??!

So, after NOISE practice this afternoon I decided to stop by one of my favorite chicken joints (that shall remain nameless). I was doubly excited because for one, it’s some oh so good chicken, and second, I had found my “buy 10 get one free” card… so lunch was on them. And ya’ll know I’m B-roke! Anywho, the owner knows me in that I’ve been going there for more than 15 years kinda way. As usual he made small talk, inquiring about my studies in, what was it… criminal justice? Uhh… social work, and it’s going good thanks. Then the guy wants to know if I’m STILL single. And I’m like, ya I am =) So then, he’s all… but it’s the holidays! What are you gonna do? And what about New Years??!! You need to “group” yourself! Uhhhh… excUse me? “Group” myself?? So I tell the guy it’s all good and I’m happy being single. He just looks at me like I’ve all but lost my mind and asks, “So what do you do then??”. I school the man and inform him that I’m plenty busy with lots going on in my life and I don’t need a man. He remains silent, nods, hands me my chicken, and wishes me a good holiday.

As I walk to my car, perplexed, with chicken in hand, I remember a conversation I had not too long ago… A friend *cough cough* of mine was badgering me because I told him I was happy being single. He went on and on and on and on and on and on and on (I think you get my point) as to how ridiculous the notion that I was happy being single was. Then he thought it would be important to warn me that I'm getting close to 30, and I'm running out of time to find me a man!

WTF??!

Now I ask, ma' peeps… Why I gotta have a man?? What is so wrong with me being content as a single lady? Don’t get it twisted now, I’d like to find me a good man, but I don’t need one mang! And I sure as H-E- Double hockey sticks am not out there hunting one down like a cheetah after some wildebeest meat! Ya feel me??


1 comment:

pearmama said...

What your friend fails to realize is...it is much better to be alone and content than with a butthole for a boyfriend.

I feel you, girl.

If there are no good prospects, than its better to have a drama-free life. He will come someday. I know it!

Then all those eyelashes and cleavage will come in handy! LOL